Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MISSIONARY RECIPE - CREAMY PESTO PASTA (EASY)


Food is a big deal for most missionaries! My future missionary daughter is practicing some recipes that she hopes to use on her own mission (she can submit her mission papers this year), and we're passing what she learns along to you!


If you haven't seen them yet, here are some of our other posts about missionary cooking and dinner appointments - check them out here:  "Missionary Recipe - Twice-Baked Potatoes (enough to last 1-2 weeks!)" and  "2 REALLY Important Things to START DOING right NOW if you want to SURVIVE EATING when you're an LDS MISSIONARY"

Today we have another recipe that would be great for a missionary to have in their cooking repertoire: CREAMY PESTO PASTA




This recipe is easy enough for any person who can boil water. The sauce is made from a jar of alfredo sauce and pre-made pesto sauce, so the most difficult part is cooking the pasta (which is just boiling dry pasta), BUT it tastes fantastic! I'm not a huge pesto fan, but I have to admit that combining with the alfredo is really tasty.

My daughter Kendall (a soon to be missionary) has tested this recipe for us and rated it based on taste
and difficulty:

DIFFICULTY: 2/10
DELICIOUSNESS: 8/10

Here are the brands Kendall used, but you can use any brand


Kendall's version (shown here) included
chicken and spinach, plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice 
(she highly recommends the lemon juice)
Kendall says, "If I have access to these ingredients where I serve my mission, I can see myself making this all the time. I could eat this pasta for several days in a row and not be tired of it"


Here is the recipe (basically just the instructions!) which is printable (either on your home printer or you can print it as a 4x6 photo, which makes a convenient size for putting in a small photo album for recipes). You could also save the photo and email it if you have a missionary in the field! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-Mission-Call Checklist (Everything I'm Doing While I'm WAITING for my Mission Call)

Hello! It's Kendall (future-missionary)! Last month I met with my Bishop and started working on my "mission papers" ...